Infrastructures of the Ski Centre 3-5 Pigadia
Today the Centre offers a great infrastructure in installations of snow however its advantage compared to the remaining Ski Centres of the country is that it is the unique Centre which allocates a modern system of Artificial Snowing. This system was installed in 2002 and offers the possibility of continuous and ceaselessly snowing of the ski runs during the wintry period, independent of the weather conditions. Thus for at least five months at winter it is certain that there is permanently snow in the Centre which offers the possibility to plan the tourist activities and the various skiing athletic events.
On issues of infrastructures, it additionally allocates:
1. Shelter of 30 beds of EOS Naoussa that is been disposed only for athletic aims.
2. Hostel of 80 beds under the exploitation of DETAB.
3. Chalet for visitors who spend all their day under the exploitation of DETAB.
4. An A' grade hostel of 34 beds with gym, swimming-pool, snack-bar, W.C., showers, saunas at the ground floor. Restaurant, cafeteria, cookery, refrigerators in the first floor and 15 rooms meaning 34 beds in the second floor (A' hotel wing) under the exploitation of DETAB.
1. An elevated double chair lift of 1.500 m length.
2. Dragging lift of 750 m length.
3. Two dragging lifts for the beginners and children of 180 m. length each. These lifts can serve approximately 1600 individuals per hour.
4. Recently three more dragging lifts have been installed which facilitate the operation of the Ski Centre in peak hours.
3. SKI RUN
1. "Philippos" of 2.000 m. length which difficulty is medium to great (RED - BLACK). The International Federation of Skiing (FIS) s characterized "Philippos" as an international and special specification ski run for the realisation of official skiing races.
2. "Aristotle" of 2.000 m. length of medium difficulty (RED).
3. "Paradise" of 2.600 m. length of medium to easy degree of difficulty (RED - BLUE).
4. Two ski runs for beginners and children of 200 m. length.
4. CROSS COUNTRY SKI RUN (LANGLAUF)
1. Ski run 3.000 m.
2. Ski run 5.000 m.
3. Ski run 10.000 m.
The hypsometric difference in the cross country ski run (langlauf) (beginning - ending) is 95 m.
5. FOOTBALL FIELD (PITCH)
A regular 100x64m football field made by sod.
6. INSTALLATION OF PRODUCTION OF ARTIFICIAL SNOW IN THE BEGINNERS' SKI RUN
7. STRATIFICATION MACHINES OF SKI RUNS
All these installations, in combination with the fact that the Centre:
- has been characterized as one of the three ski centres of national importance,
- constitutes maybe the principal pole of distribution of wintry exercising and entertainment via skiing in Greece,
- has entertained plenty international skiing races,
have resulted in a rapid increase of visitors' attendance not only from the proximate regions and mainly Thessaloniki but also from the rest Greece. In this way many thousand people visit the Ski Centre at Weekends in periods of peak.