Wine and Culture events
These events were enacted in 1996, in the 10th anniversary that the city of Naoussa was nominated "International City of Vine and Wine" by the International Office of Vine and Wine and were included in the events "Thessaloniki - Cultural Capital of Europe".
Since then, events that connect the production with tradition are annually realized during the period September to November. These events have manifold aims such as:
- The essential knowledge of viniculture and wine production which can constitute the main income of the residents of Naoussa and close regions in the future.
- The historical retrospection of vine culture in Naoussa from the antiquity up to today.
- The knowledge of the relationship between wine and "social life" and its use in the daily life of people.
- The awareness that the vine that exists so many centuries in a place is unbreakably connected with the tradition of this place (songs, gastronomy, utensils etc).
- The representation of the traditional vintage.
- The knowledge of the relation of "Vine" with our Church.
- The relation of Wine and Seventh Art.
- The possibility of all our cultural potential participating in the events.
- The attendance of many foreigner visitors, their conducted tour in the unique in Greece "Museum of Wine and Vine", in the vineyards with sampling and their acquaintance with the region of Naoussa and wine.